Evaluation of the stripping tower T-201 of the stabilization block at Refinery Cienfuegos S.A.
The stabilizing tower T-201 of the catalytic reforming plant of the Refinería Cienfuegos S.A. it should be able to strip moisture from the naphtha up to 5 ppm. According to the results of the Karl Fisher Coulometric Tritation method, there is a possibility that they do not satisfy the process requirements, which is why in this investigation the performance of the T-201 was evaluated. First, the laboratory results of the moisture content of the inlet and outlet of the tower were statistically analyzed to define the range of the values obtained and their reliability. The PRO/II 9.1 software was used to model the unit and then validated with actual operating parameters. With Matlab software, the sensitivity to the behavior of the temperature of the top of the tower with the variation of humidity in the inlet naphtha was analyzed. Laboratory results showed significant deviations so they are not reliable for measuring moisture content. The model obtained showed deviations below 5%, this being valid for the evaluation of the T-201 tower. In addition, the sensitivity analysis showed a logical behavior of the tower with the variation of temperature and humidity. Finally, that the method used for the analysis of humidity shows errors in its execution and therefore another method of analysis must be used. In addition, the model obtained from the tower can be used to evaluate other operating variables.
2. FAHIM, M. A., AL-SAHHAF, T. A., & ELKILANI, A. Fundamentals of Petroleum Refining. First edition. United States: Elsevier Science, 2009. ISBN: 978-008-0931-562. Disponible en: https://www.elsevier.com/books/fundamentals-of-petroleum-refining/fahim/978-0-444-52785-1
3. LLUCH URPÍ, J. Tecnología y margen de refino de petróleo. 2008. Disponible en: http://www.diazdesantos.es/ediciones
4. RUIZ RAMOS, J. O., BLANCO ROSETE, S. R., & OLIVARES HERNÁNDEZ, R. Análisis de Opciones de Proceso y Diensionamiento de una Unidad para Hidrotratamiento de Diesel en Corrientes Provenientes de Crudo Maya. Tesis de grado inédita. Universidad Atónoma Metropolitana, México, 2011.
5. LIU, L. Molecular Characterisation and Modelling for Refining Processes. Tesis doctoral inédita, Universidad de Manchester, Estados Unidos, 2015.
6. MOTESDEOCA ESPÍN, D. E. Simulación de la Unidad de Reformado Catalítico de la Refinería Estatal Esmeraldas. Tesis de mastría inédita, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, 2013.
7. ANTOS, G. J., & ABDULLAH, M. A. Catalytic Naphtha Reforming. Second edition. New York: Marcel Dekker, Inc., 2004. ISBN: 0-8247-5058-6
8. AXENS. Catalysts Handbook for Distillates Hydrotreament. IFP Group Technologies, 2001.
9. AMERICAN NATIONAL STANDARD. Standard test method for determination of water in petroleum produsts, lubricating oils, and additives by Coulometric Karl Fischer Titration. ASTM-D 6304-07. United States: ASTM International, 2007
10. INVENSYS SYSTEMS, INC. PRO/II 9.1 User Guide. Lake Forest, United States: Process Engineering Suite, 2010.
Copyright (c) 2022 Chemical Technology
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.